Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Let the Sunshine In

Good morning!  Can you guess what song is in my head today?  I absolutely love music.  The sad truth is that I can’t sing or play an instrument:-(  If you can do either one of those things, then you are blessed!

Let’s meet the kids @ the top of my Cards 4 Kids list.  First, there is Hailley who is 10 years.  She had just made the school’s basketball team  when she started having severe headaches.  They found the brain tumor shortly after that.  After her chemo sessions, Hailley is not able to do her favorite things like ride 4-wheelers or play ball.  Cesar, Daisy, and Rosey, her dog and rabbits, are never too far away.  Reilley, her big sister is there to help her on the computer and to watch movies with her.  Hailley loves getting letters and cards!  Second, there is Brittany who is 16 yrs. old.  She is home-schooled and enjoyed playing in Pokémon tournaments before she was diagnosed with leukemia this summer.  Brittany attended elementary school with one of my boys. She loves Nancy Drew mysteries and has a good sense of humor.   She enjoys receiving cards and letters that can be read any time of the day or night. 
 
For privacy, I cannot publish Hailley’s or Brittany’s mailing address.  Please put your letter or card for Hailley or Brittany in an envelope with her name on the front, your return address in the upper left corner, a postage stamp in the upper right hand corner and place it inside of a bigger envelope addressed to me.  (To get my address, email me @ SusieQStamps4U@gmail.com)  Then I will take it out of the big envelope and write her address on your card and pop it in the mail!  If you have a group or organization where many different people want to send cards to the girls, then you could send them all in one manila envelope addressed to me to save money. 

My goal is collecting mail from all 50 states for each of the girls.   It might be fun for the girls to track.  (That’s just the teacher in me coming out:-)  I’ll be looking for a map that can be posted on Creative Chaos so you can see how many states we have yet to go.  Hopefully, we will end up needing a world map!  Thank you for spreading some sunshine out to these girls.  Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great ministry, Susie. I'll try to help you reach your goal!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete